Mind, Body and Soul
10 Things You Can Do to Balance Your Life
1. Exercise - For some this might be something you don't want to hear. The truth is you will always feel better if you exercise.
2. Eat Healthfully - No, that doesn't mean you can't have Cheetos sometimes, but it does mean that you should choose fruits and veggies to join the party more often than not.
3. Relax - Seriously, some of us do not take time to just relax. That means you don't have to do something all the time. Shut the phone down, don't multi-task, maybe read a book and/or just chill.
4. Be Still - There's a difference in relaxing and being still. Being still means to take time to let your mind be quiet. Meditation is a great way to calm your mind. A guided mediation can help if you can't get your brain to shut off.
5. Visit a Friend in Person - Today so many of us are connected to our online friends, but even though there is a virtual connection, more people are lonely than ever before. It's important to get together in person with friends to connect, laugh and chat about your lives.
6. Be Grateful - Write down three things each day that you are grateful for. It really helps to acknowledge the things that make your days brighter.
7. Choose to be Happy - Yup, this is a choice. Choose to be happy and positive and suddenly life becomes so much easier. It also helps the people around you to be more positive.
8. Engage Your Passions - Even if you can't pursue your passion full time, find a way to incorporate what you love to do in your life. If you have to, take time to schedule time for your passion.
9. Sleep - Ahhh, good ol' sleep! It is that important! You can't live on caffeine and energy drinks! It's just not good for you! The average adult needs 8 hours of sleep a night. Start making your sleep a priority and your brain and body will thank you!
10. Get Out in Nature - Nature is good for you in so many ways. The fresh air, the scenery, the sounds of birds chirping or water tripping down a brook can make you feel more connected and relaxed. Take a walk in nature and get your exercise and fresh air in at the same time!