Mind, Body and Soul
10 Things You Can Do to Balance Your Life
1. Exercise - For some this might be something you don't want to hear. The truth is you will always feel better if you exercise.
2. Eat Healthfully - No, that doesn't mean you can't have Cheetos sometimes, but it does mean that you should choose fruits and veggies to join the party more often than not.
3. Relax - Seriously, some of us do not take time to just relax. That means you don't have to do something all the time. Shut the phone down, don't multi-task, maybe read a book and/or just chill.
4. Be Still - There's a difference in relaxing and being still. Being still means to take time to let your mind be quiet. Meditation is a great way to calm your mind. A guided mediation can help if you can't get your brain to shut off.
5. Visit a Friend - Stay connected to friends and family. It's easy to say, but not always something we prioritize, Take time to schedule in visits whether they are in person or virtually. It's important to connect with friends to connect, laugh and chat about your lives.
6. Be Grateful - Write down three things each day that you are grateful for. It really helps to acknowledge the things that make your days brighter.
7. Choose to be Happy - Yup, this is a choice. Choose to be happy and positive and suddenly life becomes so much easier. It also helps the people around you to be more positive.
8. Engage Your Passions - Even if you can't pursue your passion full time, find a way to incorporate what you love to do in your life. If you have to, take time to schedule time for your passion.
9. Sleep - Ahhh, good ol' sleep! It is that important! You can't live on caffeine and energy drinks! It's just not good for you! The average adult needs 8 hours of sleep a night. Start making your sleep a priority and your brain and body will thank you!
10. Get Out in Nature - Nature is good for you in so many ways. The fresh air, the scenery, the sounds of birds chirping or water tripping down a brook can make you feel more connected and relaxed. Take a walk in nature and get your exercise and fresh air in at the same time!