Have you been wondering where we came up with the name SoulShine? It was an interesting journey. In fact, we originally had a completely different name selected...we even had a website and the start of a logo. Then, I happened to do a little research (aka, I turned to Google, because, let’s be real, that’s what being an adult is…googling the answers to things). Much to our surprise and naivety, our original name had scandalous definitions in Urban Dictionary. So let this be a lesson to you when naming your future company--do your research first. You’re welcome.
We went back to the drawing board and brainstorming, and eventually SoulShine surfaced as our favorite. Learning is when you take a failure and use it to get a different outcome, right? Of course, before we registered the new domain, we went back to Google and Urban Dictionary. In fact, it was actually the definition in Urban Dictionary that solidified the name for me. SoulShine is defined there as “the act of being frickin' awesome” (except the real f-bomb is used).
I know our relationship is new, so I will let you in on something. I. Love. Swearing. Now that I have children, I don’t get to do it nearly as much as I like. But there is nothing more fun than a well-placed f-bomb. Hence, my equal love of this name and the potential it holds for everyone. This was a sign from the universe that we had not only nailed our name, but also that we were on the right track with our vision.
Since all amazing relationships are built on a foundation of trust and truth, we will shoot straight with you and provide uncomplicated no nonsense inspiration to help you live your best life. Jackie and I are two people who have a passion for becoming our own version of effing awesome and have a few pointers on where to start and what to avoid. We hope to serve as catalysts to ignite your own spark…your inspirational catalysts so to speak. All the ingredients are in you; we are assisting the reaction to start.
Now that you know the definition of SoulShine, let’s get back to the title of the post-7 reasons you need the act of being frickin' awesome in your life. I mean…who doesn’t want to be work on being frickin' awesome?!?
SoulShine will help you to:
1. Let your light shine
2. Be inspired (in all shapes and forms)
3. Infuse FUN into your life
4. Create your Life Vision
5. Live with a positive attitude through shifting your mindset (it all starts here, my friends)
6. Begin your own personal growth and development (promise, this isn’t a dirty word. You might be surprised that you already are doing this!)
7. Learn something new (so many topics, so little time!)
I just can't stop, so, here are 10 more:
SoulShine will provide you opportunities to:
8. Hear about different perspectives and life journeys of others just like you
9. Uncover your purpose (even if you have no idea where to start)
10. Be accountable to yourself (spoiler alert: this is a game changer)
11. Learn about total life wellness (to do your best, you have to be your best in mind, body, and soul)
12. Find joy (in little and big things, and even harder, the sad or bad things)
13. Practice gratitude (another one of those game changers)
14. Be a part of a community and hearing real life stories (because we are all in this together)
15. Re-frame failure as a positive (failing is key to learning)
16. Laugh (it’s okay to laugh at us…life is too short not to. In fact, I dare you NOT to LOL at some of our
17. Educate yourself through books to add to your reading or audio list
I'm feeling inspired now, so here is a bonus 10:
SoulShine will give you:
18. Recipes and health hacks (who doesn’t like these?)
19. Time-saving tips (we all have the same amount of time…it’s what we do with it that matters)
20. Useful tools (favorite gadgets or exercises to assist with deeper and personal topics)
21. The assistance to help you determine what your Goals are (why you need them, how to write them, and
how to crush them)
22. The inspiration to live with a positive mindset (this is the key to everything else)
23. Resources to help start or progress your journey (there are so many awesome ideas we are working on!)
24. The motivation to get unstuck (ever feel like you are in the movie “Groundhog Day” and everything just
repeats itself over and over? Been there, done that.)
25. The connections (with us and others that might be able to help progress your journey)
26. The courage to stretch your comfort zone (nothing good comes from the comfort zone)
27. So much more that will unfold as we build a positive, supportive, effing awesome community to elevate all
of us together
I’m looking forward to starting this journey together! Shine on!!
Erika Fehrenbach Prell is passionate about inspiring and educating, others on their path to complete wellness-mind,body, and soul. This desire led Erika to the helping profession of nursing, and she obtained her Master's Degree as a Nurse Practitioner in 2007. Erika specialized in cardiac surgery, largely influenced by her personal experience with heart disease. While she loved working with this population, her heart's desire has always been to impact lives on a larger scale and from a proactive, not reactive, place. The universe answered when her path crossed with Jackie and SoulShine was born. Erika finally feels she is walking in her purpose and is excited for this journey to unfold.