By Jackie White
Happiness - sounds simple, right? Then, why are so many people struggling to find it? If you are one of those looking for happiness, I know the way, and it begins with asking yourself a few questions.
The Science to Happiness
Shawn Achor, author of The Happiness Advantage tells us that only 10% of your long-term happiness can be found in your external world (a good job, a nice house etc..). The other 90% is based on how your brain processes the world. This means if you can be more positive in the present moment, your brain will become more resilient in handling stress, your dopamine levels will increase, ultimately resulting in feelings of happiness. To rewire your brain for happiness, you need to decide that you will see the world more positively. I am including Shawn Achor’s Ted Talk below. It is about 12 minutes long and will make you laugh out loud!
There isn’t a mystery to solve to “find happiness”. It’s not a destination, is a way of living. The deeper answer is to look within and to make the decision to be happy. It is that simple. Don’t resist the simplicity of it. You can do this! Find the good, follow your dreams, help others, be grateful, smile - a lot, laugh your butt off and make the choice to get happy!
Jackie White has been writing about life and its ups and downs for many years. With a degree in Industrial Psychology and a life-long student of personal development she is intrigued by how each individual chooses to live their life. Jackie feels strongly that truly living your best life is imperative to attaining peace and fulfillment. SoulShine was borne of her desire to inspire and teach others to live their best life. This is her mission and her dream.